The Section on Professional Practice of Division 17 (Society of Counseling Psychology of the American Psychological Association) welcomes all students interested in moving toward professional practice in their careers! The Section wants to further support counseling psychology graduate students interested in independent practice.
Perhaps you feel that practice isn’t as focused upon during your training, or perhaps you just want more exposure to a practice setting that you are interested in. In either case, we welcome your involvement.
This section provides great opportunities for students, including:
- Connecting students with similar clinical interests
- Networking with professionals and mentors through working together on Section programs and projects at the APA Convention and throughout the year
- Obtaining resources and information on careers in professional practice
- Participating in practice-related research teams
- Opportunities to think through critical issues related to practice with other practice-oriented students and psychologists
- Leadership opportunities within the Section and beyond
We are committed to creating a supportive community for those interested in professional practice. With the aide of the Section Leadership Team, we seek to improve student outreach, participation, and membership. In an effort to better serve the needs of our student members, we invite interested students to contact us with your comments or questions.
Use our Membership Link to start your free membership!